Want to know more about me? Well, here are some links that should tell you lots about me, indirectly, by showing not telling. Dive in and have fun!
- Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. It’s fun!
- Mirriam-Webster Dictionary (and Thesaurus). Need I say more?
- SFWA has online resources for non-members, too. They include tips on writing, on the business of writing, Writer Beware, and a blog.
- The Quote Garden is a great place to seek a title. Or just spend an hour digging for treasures, pretending it’s research. Yeah, really, it’s research!
- Common Errors in English Usage: The Book is an online compendium of misused and/or misspelled words, and how to use them correctly. (Lay vs lie is a killer for me!)
- Epicurious is a storehouse of recipes. Search by ingredient, by title, by meal or type of food…whatever floats your boat!
- Fraunholz Lebkuchen—gluten-free!!! Yes, that’s right. These are the real thing. I lived in Nuremburg before I was celiac, and this was my favorite lebkuchen bakery in the city. Now they offer gluten-free lebkuchen, and man oh man are they good! The bad thing is the shipping and wire transfer fees. Sigh. But if you know someone in Germany…get them to ship ’em to you. (Hint: click the English flag at the bottom to go to their translated pages.)
- Blaze Pizza–for glorious gluten-free pizza out! I hope there’s one near you.
- The Popular House–Key West Bed & Breakfast, my “home” when I can visit my favorite writing retreat.
- RadioLingua–learn another language in short, fun bursts. And, lots of options are free.